A complete version of a limited company’s annual report must have reached Bolagsverket within seven months from the company’s financial year end.
Limited companies that fail to file an annual report in time will be charged a late filing penalty.
Late filing penalty
Private limited companies
Public limited companies
|Number 1||From 7 months after the financial year end||SEK 5,000||SEK 10,000|
|Number 2||From 9 months after the financial year end||SEK 5,000||SEK 10,000|
|Number 3||From 11 months after the financial year end||SEK 10,000||SEK 20,000|
If we have not received the annual report of a limited company within eleven months from the company’s financial year end, the company runs the risk of being liquidated.
Appeal against a penalty
If you disagree with a decision about a penalty that you have received, you can appeal.
You should include the following information in your appeal letter:
- which decision you wish to appeal against and include the case reference number
- the desired outcome of the appeal
- circumstances and evidence you wish to present, such as enclosed certificates or other documents which can strengthen your case
- the company registration number, company name and address
- a daytime telephone number and email address we can reach you on.
The appeal must reach us within two months from the day of the decision. Remember to state your case reference number in your appeal. You must address the appeal to the administrative court in Härnösand but submit it to Bolagsverket.
Address the appeal to:Förvaltningsrätten
Submit it to:Bolagsverket
SE- 851 81 Sundsvall